CHI#2 collects the face-off and pulls the puck off the wall which improves his shooting angle. This shot results in the game winning goal.
- First move is skating to open space
- No stickhandling during the walk off the wall
- Head up when coming off the wall
COL#4 jumps into the play to support his team mate and skates around defenders finally going hard to the net.
- Presents a great target to receive the puck
- Takes the space that is given
- Uses left leg to protect the puck going to the net
CHI#2 recognizes the odd-man rush situation if he jumps in the play. He creates a 2-on-1 by staying wide and being patient staying in front of the net creating space while the defender slides to block the pass.
- Great anticipation
- Show patience by staying in an open passing lane
- Strong stick on the ice showing a good target
STL#27 keeps shooter to the outside, forcing a shot that misses the net and breaks the Blues out of their zone. STL#27 sees that if he joins the attack, he creates a 2-on-1. STL#27 gets a great pass and scores to tie the game.
- Beats his defender up ice
- Stays in open passing lane
- Catch & shoot with weight transfer onto right leg
LAK#77 picks up loose puck & relieves pressure passing to LAK#8. LAK#6 sees CHI has over-pursued to the outside. LAK#8 skates away from pressure & finds his partner open who walks in, and has a great 2-touch catch and receive to score.
- Puck movement
- 2-Touch (catch and shoot)
- Weight transfer on the shot
Four defenders backcheck into their defensive zone but instead of picking up a man they "puck watch" and leave a man open in the middle of the ice. CHI does a good job moving the puck across the rink. CHI2 catches the puck and pivots setting himself up for a quick release slap shot.
- Skating to Space
- Puck Movement
- Catch & Shoot without Stickhandling
5 Coyotes collapse around the net making the D wide open. LAK#8 calls for the puck, catches it while moving then pulls the puck off the wall to get to the middle of the ice. Takes a great wrist shot, missing the defender, and using the screen to tie the game.
- Catching the puck while moving, not stationary
- Using cross-unders to improve shooting angle
- Shooting and not allowing shot to be blocked by defender